Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Night Photography

Last night I decided to do some night photography. I used the guidelines the instructor gave during class. I didn't have the correct hookup then but I do now.
It was just after 10pm last night, I focused on that star and the dead tree in mamaws yard. I opened the camera up for 30 sec in the above picture. In the below picture I kept the same setting and opened the camera up for 1 min. You can see how much light was let in, I didn't think but I should have taken one without opening the camera so you could see how much darker it would have been.

This picture above is the same as the first 2 but the camera was held open for 2 minutes. So it got even lighter.




The next 2 pictures above I change focus on to the moon and I also changed settings on the camera. The first picture is at 1 min and the second pic is at 2 min.On these last 3 pictures I changed focus to lesser light but kept the same setting. My focus was on the light from the window of the trailor. First picture was 1 min, second picture was 2 min, and the third picture the camera was opened for 4 min. It's amazing to me, and I'm shocked I could do it.





No comments: