Thursday, September 28, 2006

MY WORST FEAR

I was awaken this morning about 1:30am with sirens blaring and lights flashing. The empty house next door (formerly known as the drug house) was on fire again. I was out of that bed like a bat out of hell; I'm running from the front door to the back door checking to make sure the fire didn't make it's was to my house. The houses here are so close, it's 8ft between my house and that one, which is on the side my bedrooms are on. Alex slept through the whole thing even with the phone ringing. Mom and Dad got woke up due to the dog barking like crazy, when they looked out the back window all they seen was smoke coming from the drug house. So far we've been lucky with the fires they haven't been that bad, I'm just afraid that one night the fire department wont get here on time.

This picture shows how close the house is to mine.


The fire damage here is on the other side of the house. Looking through the bottom window you can see the window on the other side of the house, which faces my house.

No comments: