Thursday, September 28, 2006

Congratulations to Me

Before school started I filled out the application, and sumitted all paperwork thats required for my full time job. I want to stay at the school I'm at but I got a call from 2 different schools. When I told a teacher where one school was at, she said don't go there it's to deep in the hood and the kids are all hoods (she taught there before coming to Neinas). My boss was taking her time about getting things going, until a co-worker told her other schools were calling me. I gave her the numbers of the schools and it just so happened that the other school that called me was the school she came from. She called the principal and told her that she was keeping me at this school. So monday I will start my new job at my current school. And I am soooooo happy I've worked hard these years trying to get my education so I would qualify for the job, and with help from a few co-workers that keep pushing for me I finally made it.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Congratulations Debbie!! It is fantastic that you have finally been able to fulfill your dream.

Dorothy said...

Congratulations... Just opened your site and found that not only have you given us some really wonderful news but that you had the bad news about the fire. Sure do wish you could get out of that neighbor.
Mom and I went to the new Walmart and then to Norton. Tomorrow will be to Hillsville to see Wanda.
Again glad you got the job.

Sbrewer said...

hey debbie! congrats on the new job!! way to go!! i'm glad it makes u happy!! (now maybe u can get away from that neighborhood!!) good luck!!