Friday, February 16, 2007

Valentine's Day




Since it's Black History month the school had the black history program today, the children did mostly sing and recite a few poems. All the second graders sang Follow the Drinking Gourd. The best class was one 3rd grade class that sang a couple old black gospel songs, those kids did an excellent job.



Since we had a snow day on Wednesday (valentine's day) his teacher did the party today, thursday she had 2 preps and not enough time to party. So here he is passing out his valentines cards. I wasn't able to attend but only for a few minutes. Because it is the last day before we have a week off, teachers were leaving early going out of town. The subs were taken, and there were only 2 aides working today the other 3 were off. They had me double booked, I had to ask them to cancel the last science class so I could go to the other class I was already promised too.





I did figure out a way to make my way to his party, I took the kids on a water break to the basement. They stood there for awhile, so when the teacher put on some music (happy feet) I told them they could dance. The boy in the front has some pretty good moves, so I had to snap his picture.
I can't believe Alex got up and started dancing and he was the only one until this girl came and danced with him.

I always seem to get pictures of his teacher giving me looks. I'm not sure what they were studing at the time but all the kids made chef hats. I had Alex try it on for a picture.














No comments: