Sunday, April 01, 2007

Indian Pow-Wow

Today Alex and I went to the Indian Pow-Wow, at the University of Michigan. When I was taking my college classes about cultures, we had to take trips to visit other cultures and the Pow-Wow was one of them. I enjoyed it and I've been back twice. This is Alex running up the steps to the stadium.
This was the opening group, they did a few song and dance numbers before the grand opening.

Out of respect they ask us not to take pictures of movies of the Grand entry. After the grand entry they had an intertribal dance. That's where all the tribes go to the field and dance and the audience can dance with them. I don't go down and dance, I just enjoy watching. I meet some friends there, if you can remember from previous post the Native American who came to school and did a hoop dance, him and his wife and kids were there. He danced in the Pow-Wow but I wasn't able to tell which one he was, when I seen them he wasn't in his native american outfit.


No comments: