Sunday, October 01, 2006

Another Fire

Well there was another crack house fire today but this house is at the end of the block. Mom and I walked down there to see what was going on and the fire truck had its ladder stretched to the roof and smoke was pouring out of the roof. There was a stretcher in the middle of the road don't know if anyone was in there or not, sorry but don't think I really care. I was at a family gathering last night and I was talking to Johns cousin who is a firefighter and was on duty that night, he said he saw me. He was on his truck leaving and couldn't come and say hi. Although he did tell me there has been quite a few fires this week.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Sounds like you have had a busy few days on your street. Overall it would probably be best of places like that were burned to the ground - a vacant lot would be better than a breeding ground for drugs. The only downside is that one of the houses is next to yours, and as close as they are it's hard to protect your own home from fire too. I pray that ya'll get some relief from both problems soon.