Saturday, January 27, 2007

Round 3

Here we go again, and each time it has gotten worse.
My dog started barking non-stop this morning about 5am, I had no choice but to see what was going on. The last couple times she barked like that someone had broken into the back of my truck, but because of her nothing was taken, we got there on time. When I opened my back door all I seen was light coming from the vacant house. I took a look and ran inside called 911 then got John & Alex up, I woke up mom & dad so I could send Alex over there. My first instinct was to grab my camera ( wonder why) . This is the first picture I took when finding out there was a fire I was in the back yard.

I came out front to wait on the fire department to get here, and I kept an eye on how fast the fire was coming over to my house. As you can see it's getting my house.





The firefighters are here and taking their hoses to spray my house and the fire.




This is the firefighters spraying water from inside the burning house onto ours.




Here is the damage to the vacant house, and here is my Char-b-qued house. It's not to bad (but it shouldn't have been) Our bathroom window did get broke and my mini blinds a little melted and water in the bathroom. I thank God we're all safe and that it wasn't worse than what it was. I'm also grateful for the dog, she has saved us at least 4 times; 2 from fires and 2 from someone breaking into my truck. (Keep watching for Round 4 I'm sure it'll happen soon.)




4 comments:

Judy said...

Thank God ya'll are safe, and thank God for the dog too! He/She deserves some extra doggie treats for the great job that he is doing. It seems that he has a full-time job just keeping ya'll from harm.

Sbrewer said...

So glad you guys weren't harmed during this fire! Luckily the fire department was on the ball cause that seems a little too close for comfort!

Judy said...

I got to thinking, if they had just kept the water on your house and the house on the opposite side they could have let the abadoned building go and ya'll might have been a bit better off. No place for undesirable characters to hang out.

Debbie said...

Sounds good but the gas is still hooked to the building, with my luck it would explode. I talked to the gas co and they told me to file a nuisance complaint with the police station.