Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Honors Ceremony

Today the 2nd graders had their awards ceremony. Here's Alex accepting his awards. He got Scholarship, Citizenship, Detroit free press / M-Care award, student of the month (Nov) award and after school tutoring award. He had no choice in the tutoring part, because since I worked tutoring he had to stay. I even got an award for Outstanding Volunteer, when I asked why she told me it's because I have stayed after school and helped her, I've also given up my lunch to do work for her, so that's why I got an award. I think that's her way of getting me to go on stage in front of everyone, knowing I don't like that stuff.
He was on the back row, and I was able to get his picture as he was peeking between the other kids



His teacher grabbed him in passing to get the last dance of the year, he didn't want to dance.






Here the boys just wanted to get a picture together.






Alex at the end of the day with his teacher, Mrs. Beavers-Looney. He thought she was going to make him dance again.




No comments: