Wednesday, June 20, 2007

She's Home

What an interesting day...
Mom came home today, she still had a bad night last night. Seeing bugs and hearing arguments from across the hall (that didn't happen). She also thought the lockers were a glass door and she swore that a poe cat was comming through it. She was also awake most of the night trying to call me to come and pick her up (I don't think she knew how to use the phone). Then she was getting mad at me because I wasn't there early enough to get her. I got there at 8:15 a.m. the Dr. hadn't come yet, I got to talk to him, we made it home around 10:00a.m. She wasn't talking very good, I had to keep telling her that alot of what she is talking about didn't happen. She was having a hard time figuring out what is the truth and what is drug related.

Anyway, I had an experience on the way home from the hospital. I got pulled over by the cops, for running a red light. I remember a yellow that turned red as I started under. I didn't want to stop suddenly because of mom. I drove down a little ways and there was a cop that gave me a quick siren. He told me what I did, I explained that I was concentrating on trying to talk mom through a panic attack. The cop told me I was about to give him a panic attack, he thought he was going to have to do a police chase. Lucky for me he told me to go on home.
Mom's doing ok as of 2:00 p.m. she's not talking as crazy as before.

1 comment:

Judy said...

A cop having a 'panic attack', please. He must have been trying to get you to laugh. That is funny.

I'm glad that you and your mom both got home safely.