Sunday, March 23, 2008

Mom & Dad

I went to the studio again this time I used mom and dad as models. I'm not sure if I like using the white background. I didn't get shadows this time.


I got alot of mom and dad by themselves. I think these two came out pretty good. Mom kept acting silly after you took her picture so I didn't get many good facial pictures. Dad wouldn't smile for me, he looked all uptight and stiff necked. One of my fellow students helped me that day. When Clarence got up to take dad's picture dad just laughed and smiled, then I came up and he went back to his old self. I did manage to get a couple good ones.


This is Clarence he helped me out that day. He was a photographer about 15yrs ago using film, he's in the class now learning to use digital. He was showing me how to use the props we have at the studio. The instructor just got this mirror in and I wanted to learn to use it. We didn't have a stand to put it on so we improvised. We have a few other props that we used on mom and dad and Clarence showed me a few lighting techniques. I'm heading back to the studio on monday with Chelsea and Vanessa, I need the practice, I need to learn to feel comfortable posing and working with the lights.



No comments: