Thursday, October 12, 2006

My Family

Here are some pictures of my work family. Since I've been at this new job I haven't got to see them much. Seated is Mrs Jackson a long time friend I've known her since I was a kid. Standing on left is Tama I've also known her a long time, I went to school with her. Tina is in the middle I met her when she started working her son Randy and Alex have been in the same class since kindergarten. She's also Tams sister-in-law. On the right is Mrs Hassine I also meet her for the first time when she started working at the school not long after she moved her from Yemen.

Here is Carol on right and Mrs Abbott who is also a long time friend of the family and is Tams mother and Tinas mother-in-law. I've known Carols sister a long time but didn't meet Carol until she started working with us. Carol took over my hall job recording all tardy kids, but they took away the rolling cart and put a T.V on it, so it looks like they're standing around doing nothing. This person who just happens to be Mrs. Abbotts other daughter Tempie. I also went to school with her, we had an art class together her last year of high school. We became good friends that year, we both were sorta quiet in school and ended getting together through just that one class. She is so different than what she was in high school. She's very outgoing, a praticial joker just a very likable person. When I started working at the school they gave me one of her jobs, which was recording the tardy kids. Although Tempie is an SSA which is the title I just became. I couldn't resist adding her as part of my old group.At the end of the day I ended up hearing some bad news all but 2 of the aids got their pink slip, rumor has it they were keeping 3, I would have been the 3rd but I moved onto this other position. It's so sad I feel like I'm losing part of my family. Leave it to Carol to make a joke about her pink slip, (which wasn't pink it was white) saying the board of ed is to cheap to send their notice on pink paper.

No comments: